Saturday 18th May 2019 to Sunday 19th May 2019
A two day ride from Bristol to Hayling with an overnight stop in Salisbury
We are pleased to announce details of this year’s Channel to Channel (“C2C”) event which is taking place in May 2019. It will be the 20th occurrence of this very enjoyable and friendly ride and we will be looking to commemorate this milestone in a suitable manner.
Riders will need to organise their own way to Bristol on the Friday. There is a direct train to Bristol from the Portsmouth area. Your bike can be transported if required in one of our support vans. You will stay in Bristol City Centre and there will be many restaurants and pubs within walking distance.
The ride starts from Bristol on the Saturday morning and we ride approximately 60 miles to Salisbury via the dedicated cycle track between Bristol and Bath and then using the iconic Bath Two tunnels route. After an overnight stop in Salisbury (again, in the centre of town) we ride approximately another 60 miles where the event finishes on Hayling Island.
The cost for the weekend is £150 which includes 2 nights B&B and support (including bike transportation on the Friday and your luggage carried on the Saturday and Sunday).
Terms of entry
The following conditions apply:
- Participants are not required to collect sponsorship money but those not taking part in the Paris to Hayling Ride may choose to do so.
- There will be a collection on the Sunday in Salisbury for ‘We See Hope’ and in particular to assist with the purchase of bikes for project its workers in Africa.
- In the event of any participant cancelling, refunds will only be made on a discretionary basis dependent on such costs as have been incurred by the organisers.
- The event is not a race. Riders are encouraged to travel at their own comfortable pace
- Organisers have the discretion to refuse entry
- In Bristol all riders will likely be accommodated in The Future Inn but if another hotel is needed it will be close by. In Salisbury unless riders otherwise indicate, they will be allocated to the Red Lion and then the Chapter House or Mercure on a “first come first served basis”
- All riders are required to wear a helmet
- The organisers reserve the right to impose a £10 surcharge should unforeseen costs arise
- We will retain your entry details for 3 years so that you may be alerted of details of future C2C rides as well as other Hayling Cycle Ride (i.e “Paris to Hayling” ) events
A coloured background denotes required information
To secure a place please make full payment of £150 by an automated bank transfer to:
Hayling Bike Ride (C2C)
Sort Code 30 93 97
Reference: Please Enter Your Name Here
Please note this is a different account from the main ride
Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis when we have received your entry and payment.