Saturday 18th May 2024 to Sunday 19th May 2024
We are pleased to announce details of this year’s Channel to Channel (“C2C”) event which is taking place in May 2024 . It will be the 24th occurrence of this very enjoyable and friendly ride.
Riders will need to organise their own way to Bristol on the Friday (17th May). There is a direct train to Bristol from the Portsmouth area. Your bike can be transported if required in one of our support vans or, if you cycle, we will take your luggage. Bike and luggage loading details will be announced nearer the time, but will likely the follow the pattern of previous years.
You will stay in Bristol City Centre and there will be many restaurants and pubs within walking distance.
While e-bikes are welcome you need to:
- Ensure that, save for breakdown, you can complete the ride without needing to get a lift for you and your bike
- Alert us at the time of entry of your intentions as we may need to limit e-bike numbers given they are more difficult to transport
The ride starts from Bristol on the Saturday morning, and we ride approximately 60 miles to Salisbury via the dedicated cycle track between Bristol and Bath and then using the iconic Bath 'Two tunnels greenway'. After an overnight stop in Salisbury (again, in the centre of town) we ride another 60 miles, or so, to where the event finishes on Hayling Island.
The cost for the weekend is £185 which includes:
- 2 nights B&B
- Bike and luggage transportation on the Friday
- Your luggage carried on the Saturday and Sunday
- Some basic en-route refreshment
- Accommodation costs for the support team
There is a limited capacity for single room occupancy at an extra cost of £105 which would make a total cost of £290.
The usual Hayling Cycle Ride camaraderie comes for free.
Please use this form to book yourself onto the ride subject to the terms of entry below:
Payment is due on entry. Please make the full payment of £185 (or £290 for a single room) via an automated bank transfer to:
Hayling Bike Ride (C2C)
Sort Code 30 93 97
Reference: Your name
This is a different account from the main ride. Please don’t make one payment for both events as that will confuse us.
Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis when we have received your booking and payment.
Terms of entry
The following conditions apply:
- Participants are not required to collect sponsorship money but those not taking part in the Paris to Hayling Ride may choose to do so.
- There will be a collection on the Sunday in Salisbury for We See Hope and, in particular, to assist with the purchase of bikes for its project workers in Africa.
- In the event of any participant cancelling, refunds will only be made on a discretionary basis dependent on such costs as have been incurred by the organisers.
- The event is not a race. Riders are encouraged to travel at their own comfortable pace.
- Organisers have the discretion to refuse entry.
- In Bristol all riders will likely be accommodated in The Future Inn but if another hotel is needed it will be close by.
- In Salisbury unless riders otherwise indicate, they will be allocated to the Red Lion and then the Chapter House or Mercure on a 'first come first served' basis.
- All riders are required to wear a helmet.
- All participants in this event do so at their own risk and accept that the organisers have no legal liability in any regard.
- The organisers reserve the right to impose a £10 surcharge should unforeseen costs arise.
- We will retain your entry details for 3 years so that you may be alerted of details of future C2C rides as well as other Hayling Cycle Ride (i.e “Paris to Hayling”) events.
For more information
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.