Saturday 6th May 2017 to Sunday 7th May 2017
Update 25th March. This ride is now full. To be added to the waiting list in case of any cancellations please complete the entry form. Please do not pay anything until you are offered a place.
A 2 day ride from Bristol to Hayling with an overnight stop in Salisbury
We are pleased to announce details of this year’s Channel to Channel event which is taking place over the weekend 6th/7th May 2017.
Riders will need to organise their own way to Bristol on the Friday. There is a direct train to Bristol from the Portsmouth area. Your bike can be transported if required in one of our support vans. You will stay in Bristol City Centre which has many restaurants and pubs within walking distance.
The ride starts from Bristol on the Saturday morning and we ride approx. 60 miles to Salisbury via the dedicated cycle track between Bristol and Bath and then using the iconic Bath Two tunnels route. After an overnight stop in Salisbury (again, in the centre of town) we ride approx. 50 miles where the event finishes on Hayling Island.
The cost for the weekend is £140 which includes 2 nights B&B and support services (including bike transportation on the Friday and your luggage carried on the Saturday and Sunday) as well as support on route.
Terms of entry
- Participants are not required to collect sponsorship money but those not taking part in the Paris to Hayling Ride may chose to do so. There will be a collection on the Sunday in Salisbury for HOPE HIV and in particular to assist with the purchase of bikes for their project workers in Africa.
- In the event of any participant cancelling, refunds will only be made on a discretionary basis, dependant on such costs as have been incurred by the organisers.
- The event is not a race. Riders are encouraged to travel at their own comfortable pace
- Organisers have the discretion to refuse entry
- Unless riders otherwise indicate, they will be allocated to the Red Lion and then the Mercure in Salisbury on a “first come first served basis”
- All riders are required to wear a helmet
- The organisers reserve the right to impose a £10 surcharge should unforeseen costs arise
In completing this I agree to all the TERMS OF ENTRY
A coloured background denotes required information
Please pay either £70 deposit or the full payment of £140. If you pay the deposit, please pay the balance by 1st April 2017.
We will ask you to make an automated bank transfer to:
Hayling Bike Ride (C2C)
Sort Code 30 93 97
Reference: Your name
Please note this is a different account from the main ride
Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis when we have received your entry and deposit.